Major Konstantin Komarov is a PhD in Combat Psychology, a commander and pedagogue to military professionals, a highly experienced bodyguard, a mentor to troubled youth and a trainer to numerous Systema practitioners around the world. Konstantin is one of the most knowledgeable and thorough instructors of our time.
In this book, Major Komarov skillfully presents each key Systema concept through: - Clear explanations - Step-by-step practice programs - Remarkable personal life chronicles
Superbly informative and captivating, a true Systema operators manual.
Table of Contents
Unique Features of Systema. Methodology for Studying Systema:
Basic Level 1-3
• What is Systema and what separates it from many other martial arts and sports?
• What are the criteria by which one can tell if someone is learning/using Systema?
• How and in what order is it preferable to learn Systema?
• The basic stage of learning Systema
Step 1: Breathing
Step 2: Positions on the ground
Step 3: Sitting positions
Step 4: Standing positions
Step 5: Walking
Step 6: Walking in difficult conditions
Step 7: Moving
Step 8: Dynamic work
• working with objects (weapons)
Step 9: Tactical work
• team work
• free work
Chapter 2 Psychological Systema work
• What I mean by "psyche"
• How the psyche works
• Options for developing the psyche
• Systema methods of psychological work
• Breathing basics for working with the psyche
• Learning to work with attention and body sensitivity
• Learning the basis of psychological training
• Detecting stress of the psyche and addressing it in its early stage
• Studying fear
• The inner "state" and continuity
• Working with peaks of agitation in the psyche and emotions
• Conclusions and recommendations
Chapter 3 Fundamental Systema skills
• Systema knowledge, abilities, and skills
• Basic Systema skills, their importance, and role in the training methodology
• How to develop Systema skills
Chapter 4 Building and strengthening the body
• What is a well-developed body?
• Speed, strength, stamina, flexibility, and agility: important qualities of a well-developed body
• Strengthening our body systems, which ones, and how
• Systema for kids
Chapter 5 Perfecting Systema skills
• The stage of perfecting Systema skills
• Mistakes in learning Systema
• The sequence for correcting mistakes
• How to master Systema
• How to work with instructional video content
• How to train without a partner
• Final words
I thoroughly recommend you get your gads on a copy of this amazing book. It will completely change how you look at, and how you train or teach Systema!!!!!
Systema Sydney Russian Martial Art